Saturday, November 3, 2007

November..


Yup, it's here already. Where did the rest of the year go? That's the problem with getting old, relative time moves faster! When we're 10, a year is one tenth of our entire life. At fifty, five years is one tenth. That's sixty months instead of twelve, but good gosh, I think the last five years feels to me pretty much like what a year felt like at age ten. It's rather horrifying to contemplate how fast the next twenty years could feel, presuming I have that future...

I don't have a finished oil painting to show, so here's some leaves off of my tree I snapped with my Canon and popped into PhotoShop to add a quick personal touch. Gotta get down in the dungeon and PAINT! Bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty leaves. How's the Scarlett painting coming? I'm anxious to see it when it's done.

Yeah, time is rushing by. But at least we get to spend the time we have in ways we find more meaningful, enjoyable and rewarding than those early years, ay? As fast as they're going, I can at least say I mostly like them. I sense the same is true for you.

TK said...

Hi Bearster, thanks for the really nice comment! Scarlett is progressing with some promise, I haven't "hit the wall" with her yet where I have to walk away for awhile. She is quite intriguing because I'm trying some careful new (to me) techniques, and she has been a wonderful learning process. I will need some feedback soon as to whether it's pleasing to your eye. I don't want it to be photoreal, but looser (I'm sure you'd like her to be looser too..;D), so I will be touching base soonest.
XOXOXOX,
TK

Anonymous said...

Ho TK
Somethimg i needed to say>

Love you bigtime

the cowboy
cappuccino-cowgirl.com