Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Saddle Peak Sunset"


My favorite urban cowboy takes his snorting Suzuki DRZ dual sport out regularly to carve the canyons up above Malibu. He took his camera and brought me back some vistas from Saddle Peak Road. It looked pretty cool up there! So the next time I took my own not so snorty but very sweet Yamaha supermoto up there with him. What a ride! We stopped at several vantage points, and from one we could turn in a circle and see 100 miles worth of So Cal from way up high. It was red flag windy, and it pushed us around a bit, but it was worth it to see the ravens playing with the powerful currents. They hovered at a perfect station, then rolled over into side slips and rolls, throwing themselves with total trust in their own acrobatic ability into the gusts. I did this little 6"x4" oil on canvas as a small way of remembering that ride.

No comments: